There are 6 names in this directory beginning with the letter P.
holds a Ph.D. in History from the “Al. I. Cuza” University of Iaşi (2002) and an Associate Professor at the Faculty of History and Philosophy of the Moldova State University (USM), since 2005. Dr. Pâslariuc benefitted from a post-doctoral fellowship at the University of Bologna (2008-2009). He specializes in medieval and modern Romanian history, with a particular focus on the fields of cultural history and historical anthropology. His research interests include, among other topics, the issue of the evolution and dynamics of the Romanian nobility during the modern period, as well as the status and trajectory of the Bessarabian elites under Russian imperial rule (1812-1917). Among his most important recent publications, one could mention the following works: Raporturile politice dintre marea boierime şi domnie în Ţara Moldovei în secolul al XVI-lea [The Political Relations between the Great Boyars and the Princely Institution in Moldavia in the Sixteenth Century], Chişinău, PONTOS, 2005 (monograph); ”Moldavian SSR’s Border Revision Question: From the Project of “Greater Moldavia” to the Project of “Greater Bessarabia” and the Causes of their Failure (December 1943-June 1946), in: Archiva Moldaviae, II (2010), p. 275-370 (with Igor Cașu); „Apocalipsa după Ştefan”: temeri eshatologice şi violenţă ritualică în timpul domniei lui Ştefan cel Mare [„The Apocalypse According to Stephen:” Eschatological Fears and Ritual Violence during the Reign of Stephen the Great], in: PONTES. Review of South-East European Studies, Nr. 7-8, 2011-2012, p. 89-108.
is a researcher within the Study Center of Dacica Foundation, holder of a PhD in Philology and another one in History. The main domains of interest are Dacian history and civilization and cultural heritage. Since 2009, President of Dacica Foundation, whose object of activity is the research, protection and promotion of the cultural heritage. Her latest book, “Sarmizegetusa Regia – The Rediscovery of the Fortress” (2018) is the most comprehensive work dedicated to this monument in the last decades.
is a University Professor at the Department of World and Romanian History, within the Faculty of History and Philosophy of the State University of Moldova (since 1999). In 1986, he defended his PhD thesis on the topic of Romanian-Italian Relations in the 1970s and the first half of the 1980s. In 1998, he was awarded a Habilitation with a thesis discussing Romania’s policy regarding Bessarabia during 1940-1944. From 1990 to 1992, Anatol Petrencu served as Head of the Faculty of History at the State University of Moldova. Since 2010, he has also been Director of the Institute of Social History „ProMemoria.” Between 1998 and 2006, Professor Petrencu was President of the Association of Historians of the Republic of Moldova. In 2010, he was a member of the Commission for the Study and Evaluation of the Totalitarian Communist Regime in the Republic of Moldova. Professor Petrencu’s main fields of research interest focus on the contemporary history of Western Europe and the US, the history of post-1945 international relations and the comparative study of totalitarian regimes. He has authored six books and three schoolbooks. He has edited three collections of documents and one collective volume. Professor Petrencu has written over 400 articles and research papers.
is lecturer at the Department of History and Educational Theory, “B. P. Hasdeu” Cahul State University. He is a Ph.D. Candidate at “Dunărea de Jos” University of Galați (Romania). Among his research interests are: communist subversive activity in Bessarabia between 1918 and 1924, the Communist International and soviet “active espionage” in Romania, with a particular focus on the activity of the Zakordot.
is an archaeologist, specialising in the study of the Roman Time in south-eastern Europe. He studied History and Archaeology at the State University of Moldova (Chişinău/Moldova), “Al.I. Cuza” University of Iaşi/ Romania, J.-W. Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main and Justus Liebig University in Giessen/Germany. He holds his habilitation degree at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University in Bonn/Germany (2013). Since 2016 he is associate professor for “Vor- und Frühgeschichte” at the University of Regensburg/Germany. Between 2005 and 2010 he worked at the Roman-Germanic Commission of the German Archaeological Institute in Frankfurt am Main. Since 2011 he is a scientific researcher at the National Museum of Eastern Carpathians in Sfântu Gheorghe/Romania.